And finally, election day is here and in case you need a reminder of why your vote for the NDP is important, have a read through this top ten list of reasons to vote for the NDP.
10. Yes to Jobs and Economic Development: The NDP plan invests in skills training to grow the economy and create jobs, and takes concrete steps to support mining and natural gas, high-tech, forestry, film, agriculture, tourism and small business.
9. Skilled Workforce: We will invest $40 million in skills training and $100 million in a student grants program annually to grow the economy, create jobs and build a thriving middle class.
8. Honesty About Finances: Our fully-costed plan says exactly what we’ll do and how we’ll pay for it. There will be no income tax increases for 98% of British Columbians and there are no HST-like surprises.
7. Standing up for Ferry Riders: We will keep current ferry fares in place through March 31, 2015, while we clean up the mess the BC Liberals have made at BC Ferries.
6. A New More Positive Approach to Politics: We will ban corporate and union donations, eliminate taxpayer-funded partisan advertising and call a Public Inquiry into the BC Rail Scandal.
5. Helping Children: It’s time for a new government that cares about children, with real help like our new BC Family Bonus, reducing child care costs and opening more child care spaces.
4. Improving Classroom Learning: We will hire new specialist teachers and education assistants, to support special needs kids and to free up teachers so they can focus on giving every child the attention they need and deserve.
3. Better Health Care: Our plan will improve seniors’ care, mental health services for children and youth, and hospital care – especially in targeted rural communities
2. Protecting the Environment: We will take back control of pipeline decisions and protect our coasts from potentially catastrophic oil spills.
1. Change: British Columbians deserve better than more of the same. The HST broke your trust. So did the BC Rail and quick win scandals. It’s time for a change – change for the better.
These are 10 reasons British Columbians will vote for change today.